Sadly, summer is winding down but that means fall is coming and we love this time of year!
Even though you have to put away your flip-flops and swimsuit, you get to break out your cozy hoodies and drink apple cider. It’s really a win-win.
Fall is a great time of year in the Midwest, with all kinds of amazing activities, traditions and things to do. Here are 5 things to love about fall – apples, hayrides, football and more!
- Apple Season: Fall is all about apples in the Midwest, and our growers are busy harvesting all the sweet, crisp apples you can eat. And that means you can find cider now, too.
- Football: This fall favorite sport is back at the end of summer and whether you like watching a high school game, a college game or the pros, it’s always a great way to spend time with family and friends.
- Hayrides: Fall means hayrides and there’s no better way to spend a crisp autumn afternoon than bumping along on a farm in a wagon, looking at the beautiful scenery.
- Pumpkin Patches: Who doesn’t love heading out to the pumpkin patch and picking the perfect, orange specimen to carve and display? We love it and we are sure your family does too.
- Leaf Peeping: It’s an annual tradition for many people – leaf peeping! There are so many gorgeous spots in the Midwest to go and see the changing colors of the leaves.
We hope you love the fall as much as we do. Did we miss your favorite fall activity, outing or tradition? Let us know what you and your family love about fall!
At Fresh Forward, feeding families is our passion. We work with local farmers to get the best, and freshest, produce on your family’s table. Ask your favorite grocery store, farm stand or produce market to carry Fresh Forward products.
Learn more about the Fresh Forward mission here.