There are few things in life that can evoke a memory quite like a cup of apple cider. Whether you like to cold or hot, with donuts or just as a refreshing beverage, cider – especially Ohio Cider Company blends – will take you back to a place in time – every time.
Each fall, cider hits farm stands, orchards and retailers, and it’s the rare person who doesn’t buy a jug or two to enjoy with family and friends. At Fresh Forward Farms, we know apples – and we know cider. That’s why we make our own Ohio Cider Company blends for you to sip and savor.
When you are choosing cider to serve this season, know that Ohio Cider Company Cider is fresh and delicious and comes in several varieties: Original, Honeycrisp, Gala, Salted Caramel and Pumpkin Spice. You can find it in Wal-Mart stores in Ohio and parts of Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania. Its also available under a private label in many areas in smaller retailers.
So, now that you know about Ohio Cider Company blends, here are some fun facts about all cider. Read on:
- In the Middle Ages, cider was considered cleaner than water and it’s thought that some babies were baptized in it!
- John Adams used to drink cider every morning, for health reasons. He did live to age 90, so maybe he was on to something!
- It takes about 40 apples to make one gallon of cider!
- Cider doesn’t have to just come from apples. You can make fermented drinks from other fruit: Plums, pears and more!
- Cider dates back to Rome in 55 B.C.
- Cider is mostly made from specific cider apples, although there are certain blends made with apples like Honeycrisp or Gala!
- In the 1800s, cider was believed to cure some illnesses like gout!
At Fresh Forward, feeding families is our passion. We work with local farmers to get the best, and freshest, produce on your family’s table. Ask your favorite grocery store, farm stand or produce market to carry Fresh Forward products.
Learn more about the Fresh Forward mission here.